Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Discovering..

Tues 27th Sept: A couple of weekends off racing - a little breather to focus on the training has been great. An awesome new coach, new training program - I'm just loving this sport more and more each day. Constantly learning new things, constantly being inspired by other great cyclists in the sport, constantly discovering more about myself as a cyclist, and constantly becoming more in-sync with my bike.  Off late, been discovering heaps of amazing rides across the other side of town too, which certainly is a nice change of scenery from good ol' Beach Road.

A Sunday morning ride to Sugarloaf Reservoir, Christmas Hills  - amazing scenery.
Oh..and finally I've my very own track bike! Finally time to say good-bye to the trusty old hired fixies.  Had my first spin last week and it certainly was a whole world of difference to be finally riding my own bike. Still working out a couple of adjustments and trying to get the perfect setup. A millimeter difference certainly makes a huge change to how comfortable I can get on the bike. Learning to be a track cyclist has been a whole new challenge too - from learning about gear ratios, to fixing chainrings, turning wheels over and changing sprockets to learning how to ride the track, where to dive down, when to stand up and finding the optimal cadence. 

Bumble Bee - my new track bike with a test saddle on.

 Each session be it on the road or on the track has been an exciting new discovery. It no longer is just about riding along or just training hard - but it's become a whole new discovery curve and am enjoying every session on the bike. Not just the riding, but the new cycling friends I meet each day, the old cycling war stories that never fail to amaze me, the cycling books, videos and websites that I've come to discover, the various advice I learn from the different riders with tonnes of experience in the sport - each one of it is a journey of discovery. And I'm certainly lovin' every minute of it. 

Well, training aside - definitely looking forward to getting back to racing this weekend. One full road racing season done - looking forward to my first full season of criterium racing - the SKCC summer crits are back in town!! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment